Where Murder Lives!
Where Murder Lives!
• What is a Kensington Cozy Card?
A Cozy Card is a wallet-sized loyalty card that looks like this:
After you buy or check out 10 cozy mysteries from participating bookstores or libraries, you’ll mail your completed card to Kensington and we’ll send you a FREE cozy mystery!
• How does it work?
There are two kinds of Cozy Card: one for bookstores, and one for libraries.
Each time you purchase a cozy mystery at a participating bookstore, ask the person working at the counter to stamp or initial your Cozy Card. Likewise, if you’re at a library and are checking out a cozy mystery, ask the librarian to stamp or initial your card.
Once you’ve earned 10 punches on either card, fill out your name, address and email. If you need more space, feel free to write your information on a separate piece of paper and enclose it along with the completed Cozy Card.
Mail the completed card to us (the address is on the card!). Once we receive it, we will send you a FREE book plus a new Cozy Cardin 2-3 weeks!
• How can I get a Cozy Card so I can start earning stamps?
There are 3 ways to get a Cozy Card:
1. Contact your local bookstore or library to ask if they have any available.
2. Fill out the form on this page.
3. Email LAckerman@KensingtonBooks.com.
• How do I know if the book I’m about to buy or check out qualifies for a Cozy Card stamp?
Cozy mysteries are humorous, light murder mysteries that show you what happens when you put a quilter, a candy shop owner, a baker, a pet sitter or some other wholly inappropriate sleuth on the case to solve a crime. More precisely, cozies are lighthearted murder mysteries with plenty of humor, no graphic violence or sex, and an amateur sleuth (or sleuthing team) who lives in some sort of close-knit community and solves crimes while juggling a day job, a hobby or other responsibilities.
Sometimes the line between a cozy and a regular mystery or even a historical fiction novel can be pretty thin. If you are uncertain whether a book qualifies as a cozy mystery, just ask your bookseller or librarian. They’ll make the call!
• I’ve earned 10 stamps on my Cozy Card but I can’t read the address I’m supposed to send it to. How do I redeem my reward?
Please mail your completed Cozy Card to:
Kensington Publishing Corp.
C/O Larissa Ackerman
119 W 40th St, Fl 21
New York, NY 10018
• I mailed my completed Cozy Card to Kensington over 3 weeks ago and I still haven’t gotten my book reward. What do I do now?
Please contact LAckerman@KensingtonBooks.com and we will look into the problem.
• I asked my local bookstore or library if they would stamp my card and they said they aren’t participating or they don’t know about the Cozy Card program. What do I do now?
If your local store or library says they aren’t aware of the program, you can invite them to visit KensingtonCozies.com to learn more! You can also email us at LAckerman@KensingtonBooks.com and one of us will reach out to the store/library to get them on board.
In the meantime, even if your library/bookstore isn’t officially participating, you can ask them if they would still initial, stamp, or punch your Cozy Card.
If all else fails, just contact us and we will make special arrangements for you!
Some Fine Print:
• Over the course of the program, each reader can redeem a total of 10 completed Cozy Cards maximum.
• Kensington will ship 1 (one) randomly selected cozy mystery or advance copy of a cozy mystery for every 1 (one) completed Cozy Card we receive.
• Participants must provide a valid United States or Canadian mailing address to receive their reward.
• Cozy Cards can be redeemed from December 1, 2019 to December 31, 2021.
• Punch cards must be stamped or initialed IN-PERSON by a bookseller at the time of purchase or by a librarian.
• Online sales are currently NOT INCLUDED in the Cozy Card program.
FOR ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT LARISSA ACKERMAN AT LACKERMAN@KENSINGTONBOOKS.COM or 212-407-1598.